From the Clutches of Cancer

It was in February 2011 when I used to work with Apostle Grace Lubega. I was a Born Again Christian indeed but I was not entirely zealous for the gospel. One day, he called me to his desk and told me that the Lord had told him to tell me that there was a situation I was going to go through and that if I do not trust God, I would fail to get through it but that if I trust him, I would get through it.

In or about early March, I started to notice something in my daughter’s eyes. She was only six months old. They used to glow like the eyes of a cat in the night. I took her to hospital and the doctor told me to get a scan. After the scan, in Nakasero Hospital, I was told that my daughter had cancer; retinal blasoma, which cancer had eaten her up. That if the eye was not removed immediately, she would die. I told myself that the doctor must be lying so I decided to try another. I went to Mulago hospital where my sister worked and gave her the results. The look in her eyes seemed to confirm the first doctor’s diagnosis. She led me to another doctor who confirmed the same diagnosis.

They then referred me to Namirembe Hospital where I met a fourth doctor who told me that the only option was to remove my child’s eye. She suggested a hospital in Mbarara where my daughter could be treated using chemotherapy before the eye was removed. We started the chemotherapy treatment. After four months of chemotherapy, the doctors told me that she had to lose the eye.
At that point, I told myself that I did not want her to lose her eye. I never returned to the hospital. I was convinced that if the man of God Apostle Grace Lubega would lay a hand on her, she would be healed. However, I was also waiting for the Lord Himself to move him to pray for her.

During this time, a friend of mine told me of certain doctors that could help organize for my child to be taken to India for an operation. For that, I would need about ten thousand dollars. I applied for a loan from my office but there was a delay in approving it. I spoke to Apostle Grace Lubega about how much I needed this money. He told me that the Lord would supply all my needs according to his riches in glory. Ten minutes later, the Head office called me and told me that my application for the loan had been approved. Within an hour, I had enough money to fly her to India. She went to India with my sister who is a doctor. The doctors in India informed my sister that the tumor had apparently reduced and that chemotherapy had to be continued for the next two months. I asked my sister to return to Uganda to continue the treatment because maintaining them in India for two months would be too costly. They were to fly back to India after two months.

One Sunday, Apostle Grace called me and told me that he had to pray for my daughter that day. He told me that all I needed to do was to believe for my daughter, that it was only my faith that could heal her. He asked me to carry her on my back so he could pray for her. As soon as he laid his hands on her, she instantly fell asleep despite the fact that seconds ago, she had been up and about. He prayed for about five minutes. Five minutes later, my daughter woke up and started to play like she had done before. I was convinced that it was done; she was healed. It so happened that during this time, what was happening to her infected eye started to spread to her healthy eye. I was able to see this by taking photographs of her and indeed, it appeared that the yellowish glow was spreading to her second eye.

When the two months lapsed, she flew back to India with my sister. I stayed in Uganda, eagerly awaiting the results and called my sister at every opportunity. When my sister eventually met the doctor, the doctor informed her that the tumour was inactive. When I heard this news, I screamed with joy and excitement. I called Apostle Grace and asked him where he would be that night. He was meant to preach in Mukono and I decided to go with him for that overnight. On our way there, I told him that there was something I needed to tell him. I asked him what it meant for a tumor to be inactive and he told me that I was going to testify. That night, I shared my testimony with the Church.

The tumor had eaten her optic nerve so much that she had gone blind. She could not see. If you tried to cover her healthy eye, she would fight because she could not see. After the healing, the optic nerve was completely restored. She can now see through both eyes. The doctors that had diagnosed her and those that had seen her during the time that she was on chemotherapy could not believe it. They all expected that her eye would be gone by then. One of them called me and specifically told me that he wanted to see and to examine my daughter because to him, her recovery was an exceptional case. I told them that the Lord had healed her and that she could now see perfectly.

Sylvia Namata

Posted in: Healing Chronicles

Leave a Comment (1) ↓

1 Comment

  1. Fred March 1, 2015

    We bless God.. The Sick are healed, the dead are raised and the gospel is preached…


Leave a Comment